With a goal of enhancing Department of Defense (DOD) and Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) research activity at the University, our team assists faculty with their research from ideation to commercialization. We offer a variety of tools and resources to help our researchers, from grant-writing workshops to establishing legal agreements that more easily allow for collaborative research activities.
Some current projects were are proud to support include:
PI: Kumar Sharma, M.D.
Enhancing Resiliency and Optimizing Readiness in Military Special Forces
PI: Alan Peterson, Ph.D.
Trauma and the Gastrointestinal Microbiome
PI: Susannah Nicholson, M.D., M.S.
PI: Don McGeary, Ph.D.
- Faculty Associate Mentors
- DOD Funding “Lunch ‘n’ Learns”
- San Antonio Area DOD Research Networking Events
- San Antonio Area Student/Intern/Resident/Researcher Pipeline
- DOD Grant-Writing Workshops
- DOD SBIR Events
- Various Working Groups
- Existing Legal Agreements (e.g., CRADAs, EPAs)
- Grant process
- Grant tips & tricks