Partnership steps to getting on base
Faculty and staff who would like to gain access to local military medical research organizations should follow these steps in close coordination with the organization they are collaborating with. Please contact MHI at email@example.com with any questions.
For Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA) access:
- Provide name and Social Security Number to the collaborating organization’s office for initial review of investigation.
- Complete a Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) request provided by the collaborating organization. DBIDS will only allow access through the external gate onto the installation. For further access, a personnel security investigation, initiated by the collaborating organization, is required.
For access at the collaborating organization:
- If no current background investigation is on file, coordinate with the collaborating organization’s office to have fingerprints taken by JBSA Security.
- Complete all required forms, such as Personnel Security Investigation Portal (PSIP) Intake, OF 306, and SF 86. You must also provide a US Birth Certificate and/or US Passport.
- The required background investigation process can take 2-6 weeks to complete if there are no complications.